Re Railmaster Software

Hi ive just bought an eLink DCC train set, i will probably have to get a new laptop or tablet to run software as touch compatible, if i register my railmaster on an old laptop can i transfer it later to a new computer!

Expencive to purcase a new copy otherwise

@regork

Yes, you can transfer it yourself.  Just un-register it from your your old laptop first and then register the copy on your new new computer.  I used to do this regularly before I bought a 2nd copy.

(Admin, please move this thread to the RailMaster section)

Just to add to RDS's last reply. The RM transfer process is documented in the RM manual on pages 130 to 132. If you haven't got the latest manual, the manual is downloadable - click link below (downloads to your nominated download folder in the background when you click the link or may ask for a save location if PC configured to do that).

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/download/item/469

Regork,

If you have any problems installing and setting up RM for the first time, then have a look at the two locked threads (yellow icon with padlock) at the top of the topic list on the forum RailMaster page. All the previous user found pitfalls and getting started issues are documented there.

Archived