Programme stops for no reason midway

I have recorded a programme and run it several times. It switches off at 358 seconds for no reason I can see. The programme should run for over 100 more seconds. Running the steps from just before it turns off for about three seconds works fine. Trains obviously don't stop when programme turns off just keep going at speed set before turn off. Anyone know what's going on?

I have recorded a programme and run it several times. It switches off at 358 seconds for no reason I can see. The programme should run for over 100 more seconds. Running the steps from just before it turns off for about three seconds works fine. Trains obviously don't stop when programme turns off just keep going at speed set before turn off. Anyone know what's going on?

Hi Greg,

Could you list a few of the instructions which are at, or around, the 358 seconds mark?

Ray

Hi Ray

All the instructions between 358.00 and 361.84 are very similar.

358.00 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [0]

358.31 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [1]

teh 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 19, 24, 28,

(probably turns off about here)

and so on to

361.84 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [127]

Other than the last number all steps are identical.

Greg

Hi Ray

All the instructions between 358.00 and 361.84 are very similar.

358.00 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [0]

358.31 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [1]

teh 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 19, 24, 28,

(probably turns off about here)

and so on to

361.84 4819 0-4-2T Class 48xx GWR Green Reverse to [127]

Other than the last number all steps are identical.

Greg

Ok - not many clues there - what comes before 358? Also, what is the last line of the program?

What I usually do after recording a program such as this is to replace all the "Reverse to [nn]" commands by a single "accelerate reverse [xx] to [yy]" command, where xx and yy are the start and finish speeds respectively. There is a third parameter which you can use to set the rate of acceleration. Without this the rate is approximately 1 speed step per second. For a quicker acceleration, you could add to the end of the command e.g. ,0.5. This would cause the rate of acceleration to be 1 speed step per half-second (or 2 speeds steps per second). By tweaking this single command, you can usually get the loco to do exactly what you want, and VERY smoothly. The only proviso with the use of this command is that you shouldn't have it as the last line of a program, otherwise the program terminates immediately and the acceleration isn't carried out.  Ray

Archived