Repeat function problem

Fozzy Bear

Hello folks. Just getting into trains with a Majestic set. All is going very well but have been practising programming and have struck a problem with the repeat command. I created a short file of 1 lap around the outside track and included the repeat function as per the manual instructions. The problem is that after the first "loop", there is a delay of about 75% of the total time of the program (16 seconds creates a 12 second delay before it repeats) I can'T find any mention in the manual nor with Google (possibly incorrect search parameters). Does anyone know what the problem mamy be? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello folks. Just getting into trains with a Majestic set. All is going very well but have been practising programming and have struck a problem with the repeat command. I created a short file of 1 lap around the outside track and included the repeat function as per the manual instructions. The problem is that after the first "loop", there is a delay of about 75% of the total time of the program (16 seconds creates a 12 second delay before it repeats. The same occurs with longer programs, about 75% of the total time) I can't find any mention in the manual nor with Google (possibly incorrect search parameters). Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for any help.

I think I discovered a while back that when the End Repeat command is actioned, it seems to reset the program time clcok to 5 or 6 seconds before the Repeat command, which I don't think is the best way to implement this kind of function...

:-)

By the way, this post should be in the Railmaster section, not DCC.

Ray

• 1 month later...

I think there is a bug in Railmaster. If you write a simple program to send a loco forward for say 10 seconds and then reverse for 10 seconds, then put these commands in a repeat loop of say 5 times, what happens is that at the end of each loop the clock runs backwards for 20 seconds or so thereby introducing a delay. You would not expect the delay, and indeed the software did not behave like this in earlier versions. I have reported it to Hornby but no fix yet except an acknowledgement that they have changed the software in this area to fix some other problem. 

Don't know about you but I think Railmaster is an excellent piece of software when you get the hang of it. Nothing else like it on the market. 

I have recently added this to the Desirable Features thread in the Hornby Railmaster section. Personally I find the delay (in my case over half a minute) unacceptable. Perhaps you could add your voice to mine there in an effort to bring it to HRMS support team's attention for a fix. Thanks.

You guys will write programmes, be interesting to see if HRMS, accept there is a software error. What would be of help to me. and i suspect others, would be the publishing of a few small programmes, that we could copy, run, and help us start our programming journey. Unlke Ray, who takes to this, like a duck to water, i struggle. john

@john

a simple way to get a program is to write yourself a list of what you want to happen (so you don't forget half way through) then use the record button , save the program it generates with a suitable name and you can then edit the program to suit if it isn't doing quite what you want and when.

Rob

John, you can also create a program yourself by recording one. You start a recording, then start your locos, set your points and signals etc, as you you would normally do then stop the recording. Everything you have done between start and stop recording is then saved as a program which you can then run again. You can also look at what is saved and edit it, for instance by replacing the loco with a different one. 

I've not done this myself as I have experience at writing computer software, but it is a good way to get started. Beware though, it can addictive!

Archived