Hornby Response to Propack Purchase

What are members experience with Hornby responding to the purchase of this package. The payment lodgement form states there should be an email received in 24-48 hours providing the activation code. In my case 4 days has elapsed with no response.

A far from satisfactory outcome.

I suppose it depends on whether it is Hornby or Railmaster collecting the money and what happens then - do they pick the next authorisation code from a list or what or is it passed along for some other place to generate a code..

What are members experience with Hornby responding to the purchase of this package. The payment lodgement form states there should be an email received in 24-48 hours providing the activation code. In my case 4 days has elapsed with no response.

A far from satisfactory outcome.

Are you quite sure you gave the correct email address?

Ray

It does clearly state:

As a result of this work we will not be able to ship any orders placed on the website after 11.59pm BST on Sunday June 28th 2015. We expect to begin shipping orders again from Monday July 6th 2015.

Orders placed on the website during this period will be held and despatched as soon as the warehouse reopens - as a gesture of goodwill, orders will qualify for free UK shipping until normal service resumes (excludes pre-orders). Please select the FREE SHIPPING option at checkout.

I reckon an order whether something to download or receive by post is an order. There obviously isn't anybody there or the system isn't working until Monday 6th July. 

But as Hornby are installating a brand new stock management and despatch system as part of the warehouse re-organisation there won't be any automated (or manual) system running to dispatch the order either electronically or manually until the new system comes on line...

I suspect they are not differentiating between physical and non phyiscal material orders, which in 2015 does seem crazy. But guess if they just have the one system for processing orders and its on a blackout due to reorginisation. 

Given the proactive statement on the forum it would be nice to actually clarify what orders are affected, and if that includes s/ware, then would be helpful to say so.

Persactly Nick. If you order a download somebody has to OK it first.

Sorry WTD, I have to disagree with you on this one. If you download software and pay for it, then there is no need for anyone to "OK"  it. However I do agree that the server with the software and ordering system on it has to be up and running 24/7.Hornby could have prevented this by using an external company to host the server. This is quite common practice these days.

TDD, I think you're missing the point. Hornby's order procesing system is currently being replaced, theoretically coming back on-line today. So though the Website (presumably not hosted on the same servers as the order procesing system) is still live and accepting orders, Hornby (or the 3rd party who handles order processing for them) can't proceess any orders until the system is brought back on-line. Given that the only software that Hornby deal with is Railmaster, the Pro upgrade and Trackmaster it would seem unlikely that they would have a seperate order processing system just for their software products.

To re-iterate, when I ordered RailMaster Pro earlier on this year the code was e-mailed to me within a few minutes of placing the order and once their order processing system is back on-line and any backlog caught up, I would expect the timing to be similar again .

TDD, I think you're missing the point. Hornby's order procesing system is currently being replaced, theoretically coming back on-line today. So though the Website (presumably not hosted on the same servers as the order procesing system) is still live and accepting orders, Hornby (or the 3rd party who handles order processing for them) can't proceess any orders until the system is brought back on-line. Given that the only software that Hornby deal with is Railmaster, the Pro upgrade and Trackmaster it would seem unlikely that they would have a seperate order processing system just for their software products.

To re-iterate, when I ordered RailMaster Pro earlier on this year the code was e-mailed to me within a few minutes of placing the order and once their order processing system is back on-line and any backlog caught up, I would expect the timing to be similar again .

I was unaware that the system was being replaced. I thought it was a case of them moving premises. Apologies.

• 3 weeks later...

HI All,   I ordered the Pro Pack this evening (Sat 25/7) only to be informed by RM that there is an   "error verifying  order submission"  is this a usual thing at weekends if there is no one on the other end to process the order.

Cheers

Archived