Railmaster De-Activation When PC Has Failed

My laptop running XP has just failed, I managed to reinstall XP but cannot re install railmaster. This may be due to a laptop problem. I now want to transfer railmaster to my desktop running Windows 8.1 but as my laptop has failed I cannot de activate railmaster. Is there a solution enabling me touse this copy of railmaster on my desktop PC.

Thanks

Basically NO.

You will have to contact HRMS either by email or preferably by phone to establish your right to use RM and they will assist in deactivating then reactivating RM.

had this problem.

Load the programme on your desktop pc from your disc or from the Hornby site.

This will give you the trial version.

When you run it it will ask you to email Hornby when you enter your activation code, a 'form' coming up.

Fill it in and send it.

Hornby Support sortrd mine out quite quickly.

had this problem.

Load the programme on your desktop pc from your disc or from the Hornby site.

This will give you the trial version.

When you run it it will ask you to email Hornby when you enter your activation code, a 'form' coming up.

Fill it in and send it.

Hornby Support sortrd mine out quite quickly.

This is what I did too then followed up with an email. Took about 48 hours to sort. I then had the same problem with the Pro Pack upgrade which they sorted out within the hour. 

I think this should serve as a reminder to back up our PC's. These days it is very easy to make a complte hard drive clone to an external USB drive. Should your PC fail then all you have to do is plug a new hard drive into the PC, then clone back to it, or, if you did a backup, boot from the rescue disk you made, then restore. This brings your PC back to exactly the state it was in when you did the back up / made te clone, including operating system, drivers, programmes, files and of course that vital RailMaster!

Unfortunately I got hit by a very nasty "Ransomeware" malware. I was not aware of it when I had my external backup connected to it and it blew away my bakups as well. So I ended up having to start from a reformated hard drive and a windows installation disk! luckily it was on a laptop dedicated to Railmaster so only took me a week to get back!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same problem but mine won't let me contact them via railmaster . I cannot re register my copy of railmaster it says error 12007

Turn off your virus software and you will likely be able to contact them.

The software from that company over there is activated by entering the serial number on the bottom of the unit.

No need to register it online or anywhere else, nor is it tied to one device, which means you can have your mates come over and play trains using their phones or tablets.

Slightly OT, My 'puter backup keeps failing - because it can't find the 'shadow copy' - what and wherever that is!

Open up your Control Panel then click Administrative Tools and double click Services.

You'll end up with a new dialogue window and you should scroll down to "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider".

If the STATUS column for that service is blank then it is not running. Right click on that service and then Properties.

Within the General tab look for Startup Type and change it to Automatic. Then click the Start button and then OK. Close all windows and then try and do a backup. If it fails just restart the system and try again. It should work first time but some O/S's want a kick start with this service... especially servers like mine!

Of course I don't know what OS you are using but this is a pretty generic service so you should find it easily regardless.

On this topic does anyone  know which files you can copy over from your old installation to the reinstalled RM folder without deregistering the new install of RM.  I copied the whole folder over once after activating the reinstall and it deregistered it, It was sorted pretty quick after i sent the message from within RM.  I want to reinstate my loco data etc.   Is it just the RM.exe file you should not overwrite??.

Cheers

Sailor Sam,

There are only a few specific files that need to be copied across, and they are listed on Page 132 of the version 1.57 RailMaster Manual.

If you haven't got the 1.57 manual, download it here.

Archived