Lights on the Class 31

john_booth

a few weeks ago I purchased a brush type 2 or class 32 if you like, and it runs superb until it developed a squeak , now I cured that ok but being a little ham fisted I dislodged three wires at one end and don't know where to re connect them. The lights work fine on the other end. Please could anyone help. Regards John 

If your using DCC lights, Blue wire pin 7 is common + ve.  White wire pin 6 is switched front lights.  Yellow wire pin 2 is backup lights.  Depending what you want rear light to show connect to relevent pin.

Ok so far found the squeal it was the fan blades in roof, now I have one issue that is that I have one black wire to re-connect which is black. The issue being that before my little accident the loco didn't stall on any of my points , and I have about 30. But now it stalled on about three of them. My question really is that do I have pick ups on both bogies and could this wire have come of one of them. Please could you help. If so I am not sure how to find and correct it. Regards John 

If your using DCC lights, Blue wire pin 7 is common + ve.  White wire pin 6 is switched front lights.  Yellow wire pin 2 is backup lights.  Depending what you want rear light to show connect to relevent pin.

Not so simple, the Cl 31 uses a complex circuit board to which the decoder is plugged into. No coloured wires to determine functionallity!  and very difficult to determine circuit routes from decoder to terminals!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys been to busy, what I meant was lights are ok and squeal is ok, bent fan blades a bit and it's ok , the fan was sticking, regarding pickup wire I found where it goes on bogie but how to get to it is another story. Sorry about late response, regards John B.

Sorry about delay guys but been busy, I have sorted squeal out by freaing up the fan blades, I noticed that occ the fan would stick the the squeal would start and then fan would spin. Bent the blades a bit and sorted. She runs ok but stalls very occ on points and I know it's because of the pickup wire. I have found out which bogie but how on earth do I get into it to resolder it on again. Regards JB.

... my class 31 is up and running ...

Please don't leave us in suspense John, how did you fix it?

Hi guys sorry about delay but am pulled about six ways at the moment. The squeal was sorted by bending fan blades a little because I noticed every squeal was when fan had stuck and then freed itself the squeal then stopped. Regarding the wire that's come of well I have found its of one of the bogies, my problem is how can I get inside the bogie to resolder it on again. This very occ causes a stall on some points .

Hello rds, I have sorted out the squeal it was the fan sticking but my issue now is that it runs ok bar for the odd stall on points because pickup wire came off bogie and cannot see how to get to resolder it back on again, any help would be great thanks. Regards JB.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived