how do i label screen button in railmaster to select loco lights

regork

i have installed lights on a eurostar connected to DCC but cant lable screen button

I have searched forum no mention of lable button

Button works turns light on/off 

The intercity i did same on button is labled by default

Help please

RailMaster manual version 1.57 (downloadable from here if your manual is earlier) see Page 34.

The RM screen snapshot on this page shows the Loco settings screen. You need to open the Loco settings screen within RM that you have set up for your Eurostar loco.

Note the vertical DCC functions list on the right hand side (in the screen shot, all are listed as 'not used'. Whatever is listed in this column is what appears on your function button labels.

Assuming you have wired your loco lights to operate on function F0, then go to the F0 entry in the list and click on the down arrow at the right hand side of the F0 entry and select 'Lights on/off'. This should now appear as the label on your F0 button.

To ensure the button appears in your Loco throttle window within RM, make sure that the 'check box' next to the function button entry has a tick in it.

Note: If you prefer, you can ignore all the naming options in the pull down list and edit the label name directly in the naming entry box to customise it to whatever you want it to say. But note this: if you want the function to be an on/off toggle you MUST end the entry you manually type in with the on/off command. It is this on/off addition to the label name that tells RM to treat the function as a toggle function as opposed to a timed function, like for example a warning horn. Note: you can amend any pre-configured timed function entry to become a toggle by adding the on/off text as an edit to the listed name.

Note: all the other Function buttons for your loco can be set up the same way.

You should have posted this query in the RailMaster section of the forum.  Admin will probably move it there in due course.

Archived