Laptop crashed

JH, Have a look at this recent thread relating to a similar issue to yours. It is a long thread, six pages long. But all the relevant info regarding recovering and reinstating RM activation is covered in it at some point. The original poster in this thread (Geo) did successfully recover his RM installation with the help of the forum......eventually!

Come again?

RailMaster development and support is contracted out by Hornby to an external software company, colloquially termed Hornby RailMaster Support (HRMS). HCC = Hornby Customer Care. Located at:

Customer Care

Hornby Hobbies Ltd

3rd Floor, The Gateway

Innovation Way

Discovery Park

Sandwich

Kent

CT13 9FFUK

customercare@hornby.com

HCC don’t provide direct support for software based Hornby products, HRMS does. HCC provide support for non-software Hornby products and hardware.

Unfortunately, there is no telephone number published for HRMS, all support requests are made via e-mail. Either direct using the e-mail address below or via the RM built-in support request interface.

support@rail-master.com

Correction to my own post above:

HCC = Hornby Customer Care, not Hornby Customer service Centre - but pretty much one and the same thing. Located at:

Customer Care

Hornby Hobbies Ltd

3rd Floor, The Gateway

Innovation Way

Discovery Park

Sandwich

Kent

CT13 9FFUK

customercare@hornby.com

As stated above that thread is indeed very long, the main reason being I am incompetent and nervous of PC's. However thanks to the patience of everyone I did indeed recover all my plans, transfered the system to new PC and now everything works better than before.

A blessing in disguise but not at the time it was a major crisis.

HRMS are so very helpful, try installing trial version on new laptop, click the help button and fill the form in with all codes etc correctly entered. 

Archived