Sound Using MyLocoSound Decoder in Conjunction with Railmaster and Elink

Multiple days spent obtaining an outcome, finally managed some semblamce of a result after doing a "Factory Reset" on the decoder. The manual for the decoder is comprehensive however when I read the CVs they did not match with the naming conventions or values in the document. Appreciate if someone can shed some light, my mate has contacted the supplier we are awaiting a reply.

Life would be simpler if the same CV naming conventions were used in Railmaster and the decoder. Can appreciate that this may not be viable as there are other controller packages available however a naming cross reference would not be difficult to achieve.

Multiple days spent obtaining an outcome, finally managed some semblamce of a result after doing a "Factory Reset" on the decoder. The manual for the decoder is comprehensive however when I read the CVs they did not match with the naming conventions or values in the document. Appreciate if someone can shed some light, my mate has contacted the supplier we are awaiting a reply.

Life would be simpler if the same CV naming conventions were used in Railmaster and the decoder. Can appreciate that this may not be viable as there are other controller packages available however a naming cross reference would not be difficult to achieve.

Hi,

There is another thread in existence in the Railmaster section of the Forum concerning these decoders. I have been trying to get the manufacturer and Hornby talking to each other, but, according to the manufacturer, all attempts by them to contact Hornby have been ignored.

I think, but I am not 100% sure on this, that once Hornby incorporate the decoder into their RM database, then as soon as RM reads CVs 7 & 8 (which identify the manufacturer), then the labels of individual manufacturer-specific CVs are changed accordingly when viewing the CVs in RM.

Maybe HRMS can confirm this?

Ray

Archived