Missing Loco ID on RailMaster and eLink

Same problem here. Have typed in details which work but the first 5 F numbers have appeared blank.Will have another go now grandson has gone! Got fed up with Granddad fiddling! Assume Hornby will get around to updating data bese again soon as 3 other tts models I have are listed.

I had an e mail reply when I queried this they stated that they put updated locos on the silent update ie whenever you open railmaster but nothing has appeared so far and they went onto say there would be a new version appearing in "next few days" that was Monday!

Well, Michael, I first started changing over to DCC some years ago now and bought an Elite because I wanted and needed something more versatile than a Select, money being no object, of course (lol). I actually bought it brand new for slightly over £100 at that time. I got used to programming my locos and their CVs on it. This was before the advent or even suspicion of RailMaster.

When available, I set up RM on my laptop and never did progress to programming locos or CVs on it. I found the Elite still very comfortable. Once set up on it and satisfied with giving a loco its ID, setting the volume etc I wanted, followed by testing, I then put it on RM. Many of my locos have enormous numbers of functions, including such features as lights, firebox glow and smoke in addition to sound. This means that the default Hornby loco function settings would not usually be adequate anyway, so I have to insert my own, paying particular attention to whether any of them should be on/off. Some of my decoders have a massive number of CVs which RM could not cope with anyway.

And there you have it. I would never surrender my Elite for eLink/RM.

Sorry about previous 2 posts. Works laptop went loopy. Anyway, had same issue with class 47. Reason is not in rm database yet. Installed loco as normal and then edited sound functions as per the list in the supplied instructions. Works a treat. Gadwell and class 40 already in database so they did not need any editing. No need for any default settings on class 47. Personally I love my railmaster and elink and love my 3 tts engines. Sound at a reasonable price which I can justify to my financial adviser (she who must be obeyed).

Archived