New Racing Trucks - C3609 & C3610

bradg

Curiously, a fellow at Slotforum got the new trucks and his motors had green end bells. While at the same time, a fellow in the US got the new trucks and his had black end bells.  

The only comment i have seen on the motors other than the colors was from the guy in the US who said his trucks ran like they had virtually no brakes.  

I'll be curious to see what the trucks we get in this area have for motors. 

Yes - the trucks are available here in the USA - I picked up one of them at my local commercial track on Wednesday.  I didn't pay attention to the motor endbell color - but can confirm that the trucks drive a lot like the old Fly Racing trucks in that they take a while to spool up and coast, coast and coast some more!  (I think that they have the typical Scalextric gear ratio in them - which doesn't help with the much larger tires)

All that being said, driving the truck on the 144' UK Black routed wood road course at Mark's Model World (Canton, OH) with the magnet removed and a bit of lead added in it's place was VERY entertaining!  t took a bit to get used to the notable coast / lack of brakes - but it wasn't long before I found a nice rythm with it and was able to start drifting it coming out of the tight corners and actually through one of the big sweepers!  I think this truck is going to promote a new class to develop at the track as a full field of these racing around will be a LOT of fun! 

• 1 month later...

As a follow up - here is a picture of the motor in my truck.  As can be noted - it does not have a colored endbell and at least on the outside appears to be no different than the normal FC-130 motor used in my other Scalextric cars.  If there is an alternate version of this motor that offers quicker acceleration and better brakes - it would be interesting to hear / see how it is identified. 

http://i58.tinypic.com/25a810y.jpg

Yes - the trucks are available here in the USA - I picked up one of them at my local commercial track on Wednesday.  I didn't pay attention to the motor endbell color - but can confirm that the trucks drive a lot like the old Fly Racing trucks in that they take a while to spool up and coast, coast and coast some more!  (I think that they have the typical Scalextric gear ratio in them - which doesn't help with the much larger tires)

Test quote and reply

Test edit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived