Power track help

daniel_kiely

Do I need a different power track to run dcc because I have my digital pendilino set (the track was mixed in with stuff from other sets) and then I wired it all up and I have no control over the speed of the train or anything. I have 4 power tracks in total and they are all orange and I don't know which one is from the pendolino set so is it the power track that is wrong or something else? I'm not setting up permanently just to run my dcc locks in by the way thanks

Chop out that yellow capacitor in the power tracks. They aren't needed for DCC and DC tracks work without them too. In power tracks its yellow, in power clips its blue, but either way its unnessacerry. A pair of side cutters are useful for this.

thanks. i know this may sound silly but im a bit of a beginner. i took the little plastic thing ff from between the rails and there is a blue square with some metal either side and i dont think its that. Is it in the box thing ( where you put the wires in) with the dots on top and if it is how do you get into it please?

The DCC power track is R8241, the DC one is R8206 which is supposed to be fitted with the capacitor. I am now confused because I have 2 off R8206 on my DCC layout and have not experienced any problem  because these pieces did not have capacitors fitted in the first place and my first one came with the Mixed Freight Digital Set. So Hornby, please explain...........

Daniel, Fishmanoz has already told you.......

"One piece of info missing here - the capacitor is inside the black box between the rails. Flip open the black cover, cut out the capacitor."

If there isn't one there then no problem.

HB

Daniel, Fishmanoz has already told you.......

"One piece of info missing here - the capacitor is inside the black box between the rails. Flip open the black cover, cut out the capacitor."

If there isn't one there then no problem.

HB

ok I was just confused because on my tracks it is blue

Archived