Turnout Blue Line Indicators

I think I might have read about this somewhere before but can't remember where.

I've just finished rewiring my layout and using Cobalt iP Digital motors. They all work fine. My problem is I have a pair of points that I want to work together. One is a LH point and the other a RH point. I have given them the same DCC address and they both work in unison as required. The problem is I can't get the blue indicator line to follow the route. If I click on one point button both the points change but the route indicator on the second point doesn't. I thought of using the facility that allows you to change another point/signal but won't that confuse the Cobalts as they are changing anyway?

Is this for a passing loop TWD? If so, you are right, it is a known issue for which there is a work around that, like yourself, I can't currently locate. If it's not a passing loop then one pair of point icons is probaby not "snapped" to the grid in the design screen. Was it all ok before you fitted the Cobalts? R-

The situation regarding passing loops is as follows:-

When creating two sets of points with the same ID and connecting them to the same accessory decoder port so that they operate together in a passing loop fashion (with one left hand and one right hand point) although they can be made to switch to the same direction (through the correct wiring) on a layout the green/red point control buttons and blue line route indicators face in opposite directions.  This is technically correctly as RailMaster does not know what your intention is and is simply obeying the instruction sent to it .. i.e. fire both points right.

This issue can be resolved by using the Pro-Pack upgrade in RailMaster, which gives the added option of switching other points and signals when clicking on any point or signal.  Thus, you can either add the two points in a passing loop to two different accessory decoder ports and have complete control over the firing and screen representation, or you can attach both points to the same decoder port (ensuring the wiring polarity is such that the points fire in the correct directions) and then set up one point with the actual accessory decoder port address and the other to a 'virtual' address that you are not likely to use in the future (no port existing).  This will certainly resolve the issue.

We have been looking at how we could possibly allow passing loop indications in the standard version of RailMaster without having to purchase the Pro-Pack and we cannot find an elegant way of doing this.  The reason is that you must be able to press the point control buttons on either point to set the passing loop open or closed.  There is no straightforward way to add, say, a simple checkbox that says "reverse controls for this point on-screen" as this is then messed up if the other point is switched.

Thus, the only way to have the actual points fire in the same way and to have the track plan on-screen represent this correctly is to use the Pro-Pack as this system has the ability to 'intelligently' manage points and signals using the sophisticated "other points/signal" facility.

Archived