"White Pullman" extension set

AndyG55

The "White Pullman' coaches are different in that they have a cream strip over the windows, rather than the usual brown.
What would be nice would be a set of 3 or 4 coaches , including 2 brake ends, that matched this colour scheme, to allow an extended

rake to be run.

Hi AndyG55,
It is a nice idea but I dowbt it will happen as the Train Pack has sold out or been discontinued. If you search Ebay for 'White Pullman Coaches' you might find someone has split the Train Pack and is selling the coaches seperate from the

train pack. I also think last time I was on the Olivias train website they had the coaches split from the train pack. I'll check now.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

Hello AndyG55 - Ahhhhh……. White Pullman coaches.
If I am right, and memory failure hasn’t fully set in, I think there has been more than one release of these coaches in train packs. The latest (now sold out in many places) was in ‘The white Pullman’

train pack, but I seem to remember ‘The Torquay Pullman’ had white Pullman coaches as well (albeit with headboards stuck on). I don’t know how many brake coaches have been released, but there has never been an ‘extension pack’ that I have seen. These coaches

are very attractive, but if any further releases of these coaches come out of Hornby, it would be nice to see the super detailed ones sporting this livery rather than a different pain job on what is now essentially a ‘rail road’ model.
In my loft, packed

away in my ‘project for a rainy day’ I have about half a dozen of these coaches that I picked up second hand over the last 5 years or so. I had the intention of putting lights in them either from the super detailed ones, or a lighting kit (LED’s). I will have

a look in the next few days and let you know what ones have been produced and their names/numbers.
My project was put back with the release of the 12 wheel Pullmans, of which I have collect all the ones released to date ( I still have questions regarding

car No 95 - still unanswered by Hornby but time will tell)
Hope this helps

https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/general-discussion/714/?page=1#post6959

Hello again,
Actually Hornby have produced a brake car for the white Pullman coaches. It has ‘Car no 58 Third Class’ on both sides, with the matching livery of the Torquay/White Pullman coaches. I have 4 other coaches, all Firsts with names, JUANA and

EVADNE from the Torquay set (I think?) and AURELLA and LEONA presumably from the white Pullman. I don’t have a clue where the brake car come from.
Hope this helps.

The model 'White Pullman' cars were based on the old 1928 all steel 'Queen of Scots' cars R229 that Triang/Hornby made years ago, long before the super-detailed and lit 'K' class cars were introduced. These have been re-liveried and renamed over time to

run in train packs including the 'Thanet Belle' and 'Golden Arrow', norwithstanding that they were the wrong design for those trains. (People were not that fussy at the time). The Pullman brake second model is still available in the Railroad range R4313, but

not in White Pullmazn livery.

For the Torquay pullman the Collett 57' bow end coaches can be used to to produce a passable 5 car makeup, one on each end (Figure 290 in J Russell's book in GWR coaches shows a make up with similar looking vehicles). Just don't look too closely as neither

model is up to current standards but at least they are of the same standard.

Archived