Program Repeat Command

I've just written a simple program to exercise my points (turnouts). Basically it sends them all left in sequence, then all right in sequence. There is a 2 second delay between each step. I then repeat this "n" number of times. The program works fine but I have a couple of questions.

At the end of the sequence, there is a delay of about half a minute before the sequence repeats? Secondly at the end of some of the program steps to the far right beyond the little green "run" button there is a number - what is this for?

Hi TWD,

The number at the right you can ignore. It is a minor bug in the program editor - I can't remember the circumstances which trigger its appearance.

The delay between each repeat is, I agree, annoying. It seems to be the way they have decided to implement the END REPEAT command. When you run the program (either in the program editor window or the main screen) keep an eye on the clock. When the program reaches the END REPEAT command, it seems to reset the clock to a few seconds BEFORE the REPEAT command, even if this makes it a negative number !!! This logic has fascinated me for a while :-)

How many seconds do you have between the REPEAT and the first point switch, and how many between the last point switch and the END REPEAT?

Ray

Hi Ray, the numbers have dissapeared after saving and running it outside of the editor mode. I just gave it 1 second before the End Repeat command. Just before I read your answer I noticed the the program clock does go to a negative number equal to the last seconds account of sequence - it then appears to count DOWN the clock back to zero before starting the sequence again! Well at least I know it's not me just got the "problem". Has there been a change request to HRMS for this? Thanks for your quick reply.

Edit: I have 1 second between REPEAT and first point command

Hi Ray, the numbers have dissapeared after saving and running it outside of the editor mode. I just gave it 1 second before the End Repeat command. Just before I read your answer I noticed the the program clock does go to a negative number equal to the last seconds account of sequence - it then appears to count DOWN the clock back to zero before starting the sequence again! Well at least I know it's not me just got the "problem". Has there been a change request to HRMS for this? Thanks for your quick reply.

Edit: I have 1 second between REPEAT and first point command

Hi TWD,

The only problem I have reported concerning the REPEAT command was that I found that the first command after the REPEAT command was only being obeyed on the first pass through. In other words, following the END REPEAT command, control was going back to the second command after the REPEAT command. I think this current logic may have been put in to circumvent that fault.

Ray

Archived