RM Pro will not set the points to default on startup.

I have the set points ticked in the RM setup.  In the basic RM the small screen would apear and the points would each reset to the default according to the track plan and the correct position would be shown on the plan.  Then I updated to Pro.  Now the small screen appears and disapears straight away and the points will not set to default, nor do the point indications on the track plan change to show the correct direction of the point.  No matter what I try I dont seem to be able to get it to work properly.   Has anybody had and fixed this problem???

Go to the Track Plan designer dialog (Triangle button) and edit you track plan. Right click on either the red or green button for each pointto bring up the point settings. Now you have installed Pro you will see two boxes next to 'Statup Position'. The right hand box is the position, left or right. The left hand button is the startup number. If you put 1 in it this indicates it will be the first point to switch on start-up, 2 indiates the second and so on. If it is blank the point will not switch on statup. So basically go through each point and put a number in it. If you use the same start-up number for two points Railmaster will decide which to do first and which to do second etc. 

Interesting that some seem to have bought ProPack without knowing what it does. If you want to find out, just look at page 6 of the manual where you'll see one of the features is point setting order on startup. The problem that people are having is simply because they now have to set an order, not just a position.   You have to go into the setup of each of your points to do this, even though you had already set a startup position before you got ProPack.

Then Nick has told exactly how to do it, just like p81 of the manual does.  And he has been kind enough to post it twice, here and where the question was incorrectly asked in the General forum. 

Maybe with hindsight, they could have had the software set the firing order to, say, the same value as the address at the point when ProPack is first installed. They could even take notice of the .ini file setting "Set points at startup" at the time of ProPack installation, to decide whether to do this or not.

Ray

In my particular case I had Pro Pack installed and running with point numbers set etc etc. Then along came a disater whereby my laptop was "got at" which ended up with me having to format the C drive and re-install windows etc before re-installing Railmaster. I then had to convince HRMS support that this was a genuine fault and to please de-activate my copies so that I may re-activate them. That was a couple of months ago and I've done very little with RM in the mean time except make a couple of track changes. It was during this time I noticed the points were not re-setting at start up time. I'm hoping to get some time on RM tomorrow to see it has lost my point settings during the re-install.

So it's not always a case of "some seem to have bought ProPack without knowing what it does".

Sorry TWD but clearly not aimed at you. Look again at what the OP says and those who agreed with him on the duplicate post in the General forum.

Yours is interesting though as you would expect the details to be stored in your track PLN file.  Have you re-installed ProPack after the crash?  If not, it wouldn't be surprising that non-Pro can't interpret the data.  If you have, sounds like a mystery for HRMS to investigate, so would suggest emailing them.

OK Fishy, no offence taken. I've just had an hour to look at this tonight and indeed there were no sequence numbers so I added them and all is well again. Thinking back (and so much has happened in the meantime!), the pln file I had a copy of may not have been the up to date one so that may well have been my particular problem.

Archived