Digitrax DZ126

Alsared

Shouldn't be any problems unless you're using the Select or the basic Bachmann EZ Command.

How do connect the blue wire + I'm finding the instructions a bit confusing, they state the blue + is common and required for transponding but then I get a short circuit on track

Hi Alsared, the Blue wire is to connect to each light, front & rear, if using lights. You would then connect the yellow wire to the rear lamp and the white wire to the forward lamp to complete the circuit. If you are not using lighting then these three wires should be taped up and insulated.

Hi Alsared, the Blue wire is to connect to each light, front & rear, if using lights. You would then connect the yellow wire to the rear lamp and the white wire to the forward lamp to complete the circuit. If you are not using lighting then these three wires should be taped up and insulated.

Hi howbiman

OK if i disconnect the blue wire the the system wont read the CV's i just keep getting 'error repeating' if i connect the blue wire to the red track pick up it reads the CV but makes them all the same value of 225. i just dont understand what is going on.

the blue wire is the common positive for the functions, lights etc, and should not be allowed to touch any of the other wires, you have probably damaged the decoder, the red and black are the track connections, the orange and grey are the motor connections,

Alsared, if you have connected the blue wire to the track or any other pickup then you may well have blown the chips!

the blue wire is the 'common' for lights /accessories AND NOTHING ELSE!

Following is the correct wiring colour codes

Borrowing from the NMRA DCC wiring Recommended Practices, RP-9.1.1, the colors and functions are: 

Red               from right-hand rail power pick-up (or center rail, outside third rail, traction/overhead wire) to motor or interface. 

Orange          from interface to motor brush connected to right-hand rail (or center rail, outside                      third rail, traction wire)* Black            from left-hand rail power pick-up to motor or interface. Gray             from interface to motor brush connected to left-hand rail.*

White            front headlight(s) power sink. 

Yellow           rear headlight(s) power sink.

Blue              common (+) headlight(s)/function(s) power source. Black/White   optional common (-) power sink.

Archived