connection point decoders

badgers

hi got 8 points ,two ass decoders r8247, and and elite control unit,only one point of conection for track,where do you connect decoders ,for control point,is it the track or do you make a juntction box system, too make them work ,any one can you help ,nothing in book about it ,  badgers

This should be in the DCC forum section, but reply is easy.

The decoders need connecting to track to 'charge them' then to the programming connections of your Elite to programm them. Once programmed, all decoders connect to the track. See page 58 of the manual.......

This should be in the DCC forum section, but reply is easy.

The decoders need connecting to track to 'charge them' then to the programming connections of your Elite to programm them. Once programmed, all decoders connect to the track. See page 58 of the manual.......

hi again ,have down lowded new elite book and it still does not show where you make connection i think the only way is too add another power connection section so as too take a connection back too the point decoders, as i can not see any other way may i be correct 

hi again ,have down lowded new elite book and it still does not show where you make connection i think the only way is too add another power connection section so as too take a connection back too the point decoders, as i can not see any other way may i be correct 

The instructions don't tell you where on the track because actually it doesn't really matter. My advice however would be to connect it as near to the power feed to the track as possible if you can, or even directly to the Elite track connector.

DCC is a two wire system, pretty much everything picks up power from the track or track connection.

Remember to programme it though it needs connecting too the track first, disconnecting and connecting to the Elite programme connectors, then once programmed, back to the track.

Good luck.

Archived