how long to get a response?

redpath12

I am returning to the hobby after many years absence, and trying to get elink and railmaster to do what is expected of it,but after 2 weeks of frustration, loading, and deleting various versions of rail master from cd and online, I still cannot get the systems to work. My lap top and desk top both operate Windows 10.

Finally after trying to get assistance from hornby, I was told to e mail Rail Master, which I did yesterday, so how long do I wait for a response? I am close to packing up the train sets and sending them back to the retailer.

Redpath 12 Hi, and welcome to the forum I am afraid there is currently a problem, using Railmaster, with Windows 10 If you want to use your trains in the short term, roll your laptop back to windows 7 or 8. this will allow you to familiarise yourself with your new purchases, while solution is being worked on. elink with either 7 or8 will be fine, and you will then be able to revert in due course. Otherwise, i am afraid it could be a few days still before this is sorted out. You are not alone. john

I think you can get calculators from Hornby so maybe amuse yourself with one for the next couple of years while they try to figure out Win10. Hornby are all over calculator tech though, so no worries there matey! No siree.

Archived