Windows 10

It's actually the Elink which doesn't get along with W10. I've updated seven pc's to Windows 10, including my RM/Elite pc, and apart from needing a small tweak of the USBSER.SYS file on that pc as suggested by a forum poster, all seven of those machines are working flawlessly.

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

It's actually the Elink which doesn't get along with W10. I've updated seven pc's to Windows 10, including my RM/Elite pc, and apart from needing a small tweak of the USBSER.SYS file on that pc as suggested by a forum poster, all seven of those machines are working flawlessly.

Ray

Hi there,

I am new here and I noticed that you have mentioned about the USBSER.SYS file, please could you point me to what you had to do as I have 10 and have just obtained an elink myself.

Thank you,

Simon

Mr Si, RailMaster v1.62 was released today and works with Windows 10, so if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 you will also need to upgrade to RailMaster V1.62. A link to the RailMaster upgrade can be found at the top of the RailMaster forum.

please ignore all comments about USBSER.SYS, with RailMaster v1.62 that tweak is no longer necessary

• 4 weeks later...

Morning , for those unsure about upgrading to windows 10, or who have struggled with RM, with windows 10, Major  upgrade/ Release, for windows 10 announced for November. Let us hope all goes smoothly. This is the upgrade that many suggested, it was better waiting for, before taking the plunge, to move from previous version. john

I have Windows 10 on 3 items, PC, Laptop and Windows tablet. The system was installed in each within a week of Windows 10 being launched. It ran without any issues on all 3 machines.

Then I connected RM, via eLink to USB and couldn't get RM to load at all. I saved the main folders with my track plan etc and uninstalled RM and re-installed it. Copied in the main folders with my track plans etc and it worked fine from that day.

It seems some members have had issues, some have not. HRMS latest download should have fixed any issues, if not let them know through RM.

Pj, hi, the point of my email was to hope that these enforced changes by HRMS, will not be nullified, by  the new upgrade, which is apparently fairly large. Am personally, not involved, but it would be a pity, if they need another revision. Letting HRMS know through RM, is fine as fishy tells people, but usually the problem appears to be one of connection, making that contact difficult. john

Hi John,

I understand what you are saying and do not feel in any way that the post I added would distract from the issues tou talk about in any way. By members adding their experiences it helps get an overall view of the various issues experienced. 

I am sure HRMS are watching these posts, but to help get an issue resolved it has to be best to contact support via RM and tell them, especially as with the last upgrade they felt the issues were complete.

The reason I included my problem, as others have, was because it wasn't the same as others experienced, and I confirmed what I did and it solved it.

The other reason was to confirm, unlike most people who download and install Windows 10 whilst using RailMaster, I didn't.  I had run 3 machines without any problems for more than a month. The PC I use for RM has numerous items plugged into various USB Ports and they didn't give me any issues over that period. But as soon as I plugged in the eLink and couldn't load RM.

I have had a 4TB drive, wireless mouse and keyboard, a card reader and speakers all connected via USB without any problems at all. To me it seemed strange that as soon as I plugged the eLink into the USB and tried running RM I had issues. But they are now fixed.

PJ, Gosh, you must have a lot of USB sockets, or a hub. RM. say, you should not use a hub. My laptop only has 2 usb sockets. Let us hope, you continue unimpeded, by the update. I am kinda better placed, as my laptop, is RM designated, with HDMI lead to 27 inch monitor, as we use our desktop, downstairs. Thats a Massive size drive, will you ever fill it, in your lifetime. john

Archived