saving track design

Hi All

I wonder if anyone has saved their RailMaster track design to a usb drive?

I would like to save my layout track design from my dedicated RailMaster & e-link computer, so I can edit it on another computer. Is this in fact possible I wonder.

Sorry if this is a daft request but I might as well make a clot of myself on my first post. It can only get better.

Yes you can David, simply copy it from your RM folder onto your USB drive, then copy it into the RM folder on your other computer and you can edit from there.  To get it back on the first machine, do the reverse.

... that's assuming you have Railmaster installed on the other computer (in Evaluation mode).

Ray

... that's assuming you have Railmaster installed on the other computer (in Evaluation mode) ...

You beat me to it Ray!

Even so, I am not convinced that is too much help really because the evaluation period will go in no time.

Not only that, isn't there a restriction in 'evaluation mode' regarding the size and complexity supported in track plan design. Thus, to fully edit an existing track plan that exceeds the evaluation mode capability on another PC, would you not need a fully activated version of RM loaded on it.

Yes you can David, simply copy it from your RM folder onto your USB drive, then copy it into the RM folder on your other computer and you can edit from there.  To get it back on the first machine, do the reverse.

Seems I have been remiss in not stating the bleeding obvious David. Here I was thinking that if you have to copy it into the RM folder on the other machine, then that would be the clue that you need RM installed on that machine too. Apparently not.  

The way to do it is still correct though.

Archived