Lost Resource.mdb File

OssieB

Can anyone please advise me if it is possible to find a lost file from Railmaster.

Having opened RM last night to check something out and without making any alterations, I closed RM. When I tried opening RM this morning it came up with a dialogue box "Couldn't open resources table". I checked this box twice and RM proceed to open, but another dialogue box opened telling me that RM couldn't open of find C:ProgramFilesRailmasterResourcs.mdb. I checked this box and RM opened, but without my loco list -" No Locos Defined".

I am using Windows XP on a PC and have tried a restore to a time yesterday before I opened RM, but this has not helped. Unfortunately I have not recently done a backup, which is not helping.

Any advise would be appreciated.

OssieB

Every time you close down RailMaster is creates a backup of some key files, including your locos database (resource.mdb).  You should find it in the RailMaster program folder called resource.bak.  Bear in mind, if your file had a corruption and you closed down then this corruption may have been backed up and therefore the resource.bak file may be useless.

The other option is to delete your corrupted resource.mdb file then download and install RailMaster from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe and it will create a new, blank locos database file.  You will then need to re-enter your locos.

Thank you HRMS for your quick response. I have looked again in the RM programme folder and I do not have a file resource.bak file either. The only one I have is RESOURCE.ldb, but there are several other .bak files eg. rm.bak

If there is no other way to restore the misiing file, I will follow your advise and re-install RM and re-enter my locos

OssieB

Archived