Weird - Railmaster points firing "one out"

PiMan

Hi, can anyone help me with this? I have a layout with approx 16 points (4 x 4 port decoders). All were working fine both from me Elite and from Railmaster.

Now they all work fine from Elite but all of them in Railmaster fire the wrong point. But it seems to be consistent so a point configured in Railmaster with "port" 65 will change 66. And a point configured in Railmaster with "71" will change 68.

I did a test by creating a brand new track plan with a single point. I then configured that single point with a particular decoder port. It changed the wrong point but consistent with behaviour on my original layout. This happens if I change the port on that single point - consistently.

It used to work okay. I think it happened when I moved Railmaster to a new PC. I reinstalled Railmaster from scratch (de registered on old and re registered on new) and upgraded to the latest version. Then I copied the four files below files I thought would be necessary (I did this by looking at the file modified dates)

language.mdb

resource.mdb

rm.dat

track3.pln

I am running Railmaster 1.61 and Elite 1.42 on Windows 7 (I upgraded the Elite from 1.41 to 1.42 at the same time.)

Any ideas?

thanks

David Stevens

Sorry - I have given this post an incorrect title. Initially I thought that Railmaster was changing the port above what was configured (ie 65 changed 66 and 66 change 67, etc). Hence the post title. However, further testing showed this not to be the case

thanks

Check the Elite operation mode and confirm that it hasn't for some reason switched to 'Classic' mode. It should be in 'Standard' mode. If I recall correctly, the mode should appear briefly displayed on the Elite LCD during the power up cycle. If it isn't showing 'Standard' during power-up then refer to the Elite manual Page 67 (Manual version 1.41) on how to change it.

It may have changed to 'Classic' mode when you did the 1.42 upgrade. Not saying this is definitely your issue, but it may be.

If your Elite is showing 'Standard' mode in power up display, then all I can suggest is going into track plan in edit mode. Delete your point configurations and redo them again i.e right click the point icon to get the pop up menu.

I had a similar problem recently but I think I had caused it myself by programming a Loco on the Main Track rather than my programming track and I guess that somehow, it affected the addresses of my points decoders.

I just reprogrammed my points decoders and it is fine again.  Not suggesting that this will fix yours but it may be worth trying.

Sorry - forget all that.   I have just read your original post again and realise yours is OK from the Elite (mine wasn't)

Glad it worked out PiMan. Point address mapping disparity between Standard and Classic mode is a well documented feature. I say feature, rather than issue as it is there for a reason that I won't bore you with the details with.

Archived