Railmaster/Elink

fac

Having purchased a new laptop and installed railmaster on windows 8 all worked fine. Upgraded to windows 10 failed miserably, reverted back to windows 8 as suggested. Elink makes high pitched sound not noticable previous, and has intermittent operation with differing engines having the same Hormby decoder. I have to service the engines  before further investigation unless someone knows better.

Also when testing a point decoder using elink program connection i was able to communicate both read and write. Repeating the exercise it failed to communicate, on investigation i found that when operational i was using a hornby dc track connector with capacitor fitted. When failing it was a dcc track connector with no capacitor fitted. Hornby always state to cut this capacitor, interesting what. any comments?  (the point decoders function reliably on usage (main track no capacitors fitted)

I have to say when railmaster and elink have been working (most of the time) it has been superb. But it would appear to have got upset since upgrade to windows 10 despite downgrading. I will now de-register railmaster, re-install windows 8 then re register railmaster, also service all my stock and hope for excellant results again with a silent e-link.

Archived