Track Wiring - Controller to Track

ozbob999

Hi,

I am setting up a new layout which has a stand-alone track for Hornby Live Steam. However, I had dismantled one a fow years ago and cannot locate the CD which came with the set.

My question is: does wiring the red and black wires from the controller to the track control which direction is forward. Specifically which side of the track, inside or outside rail, for the red wire and the loco to mopve forward in a clockwise direction.

Many thanks if you can help me. 

the easiest way is wire up the track right in front of the controller then put the engine on this track in front of the controller and when it is not in steam but warming up move the regulator say in the forward direction and hold the lever in this position and watch the red and green lights let 2 or 3 cycles of light go on and off and then stop on a red 

let the engine steam up once the safety valves are lifting then start moving the regulator once more in the same direction that you want the engine to go forward the light turns green the engine moves off if the engine has gone in the same direction as the lever ( forward) then its wired correctly but should the engine run backwards then the power leads to the track are the wrong way round and need changing over. 

Happy steaming

Archived