Re Welcome pack

tonytucks

Hi guys,I received an e mail from airfix when i became a club member and in it there is a link to download the welcome pack but when i click on it a web page comes up for the club portal but i cannot see anywhere on that page where to get the welcome pack,also i tried to order some stuff but cant see a box to claim the 20% new member discount,i find this very confusing and wonder if anyone could help with this issue? Regards Tony

For the discount you can either use the monthly code that Airfix email out or link your Airfix account to your club membership number (which has the advantage that the discount shows up allthe time when you are logged in.

Have a hunt through the club area of the website for the welcome material - you might need tolink your account toyour membership.

Hi guys,I received an e mail from airfix when i became a club member and in it there is a link to download the welcome pack but when i click on it a web page comes up for the club portal

Tony, I think that would be the old Members Page. As the website has been re-engineered, you need to click on the 'Community' drop-down at the top of the page and then on 'Airfix Club Members Area' in the list. You will then see all the members facilities, although you will have to sign in as a member before you can download anything.

Hi guys,I received an e mail from airfix when i became a club member and in it there is a link to download the welcome pack but when i click on it a web page comes up for the club portal

Tony, I think that would be the old Members Page. As the website has been re-engineered, you need to click on the 'Community' drop-down at the top of the page and then on 'Airfix Club Members Area' in the list. You will then see all the members facilities, although you will have to sign in as a member before you can download anything.

Ok heres the latest,i have now linked my membership with the club and on the shop pages it now shows members discounts so i placed a couple of orders and went to the checkout where you enter a discount code so i put in the code i received from airfix to claim the £20 voucher and get a code not valid message,guess im going to have to call them to get a solution,many thanks for your help in this,Tony.

Um, no, Tony - since you are logged in and see the members discount, you don't have to enter the code - that's only for those who are not signed in or want to order by post.

When you order while the site is showing the members prices, the discount is automatically deducted. Some items which are already discounted (Last chance to order, etc) don't qualify for the members discount so go in as is.

Hope this helps, took me a fair few tries back in the day to figure it out myself!

Cheers,

Vimal

Um, no, Tony - since you are logged in and see the members discount, you don't have to enter the code - that's only for those who are not signed in or want to order by post.

When you order while the site is showing the members prices, the discount is automatically deducted. Some items which are already discounted (Last chance to order, etc) don't qualify for the members discount so go in as is.

Hope this helps, took me a fair few tries back in the day to figure it out myself!

Cheers,

Vimal

Hi Vimal,First please accept my thanks for the time you have given me in this issue,what i meant to say was when i joined Airfix gave me a £20 new members voucher which i could claim for my first order and its the code they gave me for this that i cannot use when i try to enter it in the discount code box, as for the club discount this does now show up in the shopping pages and when i bought a couple of things i was given the member discount but could not claim for the voucher,i tried to call but couldnt get any signal today,thought about sending an e mail but they have not replied to the ones i sent in August,is it really a lost cause or is it that Airfix do things as the Cornish do 'Dreckly'

Oh, NOW I get it!

First of all, you can only use that against the 'Club Exclusive Kits' shown in the Members Area. You can't pay for normal kits with it, BUT you can use it for more than one order, until the balance is used up (I found that I could use the Hornby one for Airfix and vice-versa, not sure whether that's kosher, but ...).

Second, you have to enter it in in the 'Gift Cards' box NOT the 'Promotional code' box (which should alreay have 'MemberDiscount' in it) - obvious innit! NOT!

Happy shopping!

Oh, NOW I get it!

First of all, you can only use that against the 'Club Exclusive Kits' shown in the Members Area. You can't pay for normal kits with it, BUT you can use it for more than one order, until the balance is used up (I found that I could use the Hornby one for Airfix and vice-versa, not sure whether that's kosher, but ...).

Second, you have to enter it in in the 'Gift Cards' box NOT the 'Promotional code' box (which should alreay have 'MemberDiscount' in it) - obvious innit! NOT!

Happy shopping!

Ok got it at last,cant say im that impressed with the exclusive offerings the ones i fancied are out of stock, still its valid till next year so ill wait and see if anything better comes up,thanks for making it clear anyways im off to find a nozzle cleaner for my airbrush,Tony.

Archived