Designing your track layout

Anyone tried to label your track plan? Having problems with labels? I type in a label, can change font size etc. but the label box stays the same size so you can only see part of the label! What am I doing wrong?

Reply to self! Removed old plan from Railmaster folder on c: drive - started plan again. The previous plan seemed to be a bit messed up having moved parts around it had left little triangles of track and as I said the labeling did not work properly. Resolved with new plan. Program Planners may need to look at how sensitive the planner section is to changes and moves.

I found that if you work in one zoom rate ... 100% seems to be the best then doing the plan is a breeze. I activated one RailMaster program on a Windows 7 PC with plenty of memory and installed it again on another very old PC (but didn't activate it as you can only do that on one PC per key) and found that the track designer is not as fluid as on the newer PC. The second PC only has 128MB RAM and is running XP. You get used to it pretty quickly and then it only took me about half an hour to do a 12' x 8' layout with over 20 points on it.

Archived