Whatever happened to the FC Land Rovers?

Landy4

Hi all, 

Having found an empty box for the GS version, I wondered what had happened to them. I could not find this version, nor the ambulance on the website. 😢 There does not appear to be any competition for these Land Rovers in this scale, and the kits themselves seemed as sharp as any of the old tanks or aircraft, so I can't see mould wear as a factor in there demise.

Does nobody model post war british anymore; or do those that do have rooms stocked full of these and will never need to buy another?  😉

So, does anyone on here know what has happened to these kits?

Cheers, Landy4

You'll find that Airfix have discontinued them for the time being, They have been around for some time on general release. You may find them on ebay or some shops still may have them in stock or at Model shows.

Airfix purchased the moulds from a company called 'JB MODELS' and then released them under the Airfix Banner. Hope that helps.

Ah, thanks.

I'll have a look in my local model shop then, there might be one gathering dust at the back off the shelf. I suppose it makes sense to cycle production when you have such a huge range of models. 

Cheers, Landy4

Archived