SRN4 Hovercraft

John Symmons

Hi all.

Further down on this forum is a post on scrapping the last SRN4 Hovercraft. Paid a quick visit to one of my old Hobby Shops in Cape Town yesterday, and there lo-&-behold is a brand new Airfix SRN4 Hovercraft. I asked Mike if the kit was second hand, but he assured me it was brand new from Airfix. I didn't ask the price, but it looked like either the type 4B or 5 boxing. I have a dim memoury that this kit has beem laying around the shop for some years now, anyway whatever the reason it's still there or was as of yesterday afternoon.

Now I know that several guys on this forum have wished for a re-issue of this kit, well here's a good excuse to take a trip to Plumstead Cape Town, or maybe if you look up or Google Model Rail-Road Specailists and contact Mike Troy maybe he could post it to you. He has no idea I've posted this so it's not an advert for him but rather a service to other members of this forum. With our current South African exchange rate you could be picking up a bargain. He only has the one kit so be quick if you really really want one. I must admit I was sorely tempted to buy it but it was so outside my sphere I decided to give it a miss.

Remember we do this for fun    John the Pom.  Cape Town

More info on hovercraft. Went over over to hobby shop again today and in passing found out that the hovercraft is the 2nd issue with the HoverLloyd livery and the price is R355 ( That's less than £16 at current exchange rate.I see on aution sites it's fetching over £30. ) So if your interested it's a bargain. I re-itterate mike has no idea that I'm posting this, I just do it as a service to members of this forum and in responce to other posts about this model.

Remember we do this for fun   John the Pom.

• 2 years later...

Archived