More Care Needed

Hi Airfix,

Last week I received an email from airfix listing their top ten selling items for that week. At number one was subscriptions to the Airfix Club.

Now I've just been over to the club section on the Airfix page, and there is still no new club kit for this year, and the ones that are available are readily obtainable elsewhere such as on the Hannants site. How difficult would it be to take one of your existing kits and print a new box top and decal sheet? I've seen that other members have been able to exchange their £20 club voucher for a £15 general voucher, as the lack of a suitable kit is down to you at Airfix, why not show good faith a exchange £20 for £20?

I also looked at the competition page. The last competition ran out at the end of February, also the question for this competition was where is the Airfix visitors centre being moved to. The answer was Ramsgate, where I actually live, but as this move has been cancelled, or at least put on hold, don't you think this misleading post should be taken down?

My point is, as the club is your best selling product at the moment, should you not be taking more care of your members after they join?

Regards

Jason

It could be even easier to release new club kits. We don't need special boxes, keep the regular box and apply a "club kit options included" sticker. Those options could be a new decal sheet, or photo etch or additional parts on an added sprue. Take the stock kit off the shelf, pop in the new bits and instructions and post it. "Simples". Lots of easy options are out there: a nightfighter Bf110 or Bf109, a Saudi Lightning, an Australian Meteor (Etc). There is no need to make it complicated and no need to have lots of club stock languishing unsold which I suspect is why we keep looking at the same old three kits. That poppy Tucano is nice but not great value. It obviously hasn't sold. Surely a combo deal of two standard stock Tucano kits and a special display decal sheet to build two alternative schemes would have sufficed for customers and been less of a liability to Airfix.

Archived