Another Wish list from someone in their sixties

dick_cartmel

Still looking at the late 60s F1 cars and the obvious car missing from the Lotus 49 / McLaren M7 / Brabham BT26 / Eagle Weslake field is the Matra MS80 as driven by Jackie Stewart to his first world title. And of course the Ickx / Amon Ferrari 312 v12 from 1968. It was the first car with a wing, albeit rather a tiny wee one considering what came later. The Amon Car would be a wonderful 4 lane partner with the Hill /Oliver /Siffert Lotus 49s all of which you already have. 

In that same period, another Brabham, the peculiar looking Lobster Claw BT34 would be fun, [1971] to go with thw Lotus 72s and Tyrrells. 

A Tyrrell P34 mage up to the current standard would be very fine. In case anyone doesn't know it was the only 6 wheeled car to actually win a F1 race! and talking about one off winners, how about the Brabham fan car which Lauda won with in 1978 and then it never raced again.

A little later I totally concyr with the Lotus 79. Nobody has made 79s though 78s are made by one or two people.

Yes I know these are all old F1 cars, but those were the races I went to when I was a kid, and the cars looked different to me then ...

Oh all right a JWA Porsche 917 or even the 917 that was dessed up as cuts of pork for 72. [That really happened] or the Ferrari 312P Long tailed Le mans car which was singularly pretty if unsuccessful. Or equally pretty and utterly dominant in its field winning every race in 1969 The McLaren M8B CanAm car,.....

Incidentally I love the BT26s When I suggested them last year I had little hope you would make such things of beauty, Thank You!

Archived