R9257 Spencer

Shadow.Monk

Dear Hornby,

Please bring back this model. If you have looked through the forums, a lot of people are wanting this model. And if you've been checked Ebay recently, all Spencer models that have come up have gone by at least 130GBP. Please bring it

back and make a lot of people happy.

You know it's the right thing to do :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some models are destined to be collectors items, Spencer is one such model and is fetching mega bucks with dust collectors in mint unrun condition. It's the way model railways are alas.

Saying that old models do sometimes make a comeback, usually

improved or with subtle livery changes.

At the moment if you want Spencer and none of the shops still have stocks then it's online auctions and toy fairs and being prepared to pay the price.

I miss Spencer too, and I think Hornby should bring him back! A good way to suggest this to them, maybe a bit more directly, is by doing a product suggestion, a link is at the top of the forum pages... I think.

I really would have liked to get

Spencer, as I've got Gordon too, links up with Flying Scotsman and Mallard/Sir Nigel Gresley in a way I suppose, and there was an episode (for definite) about Edward and Spencer and (I think there was one) Gordon and Spencer as well, I can't fully remember

though!

Tigg

Also some small shops still have them gathering dust! I passed one in Mid Hants a month back which had 2, did a deal for both on the spot, knocked one out on *bay which paid for the two!

I somehow doubt he will come back as discussed before, the

only reason Spencer is going for silly money on *bay is their are a handfull of people who are desprate for him. If 1000 hit the shelves tomorrow (I suspect 1000 is probably the min order size Hornby can get from supplier), I suspect 980 would still be gethering

dust in Jan.

I have contacted them many

times. They said that a lot of people have been asking about the Spencer, keep it up! :D

Thanks, I'll try that! There aren't many fairs where I am though, the council are just too silly! I'd just have to wait,

and pray for something to come up, or go somewhere else, for train fairs that is of course!!

That's what I said, go to the product

suggestion page, or complaint! Ha ha!
Tigg

*BREAKING NEWS*
Spencer is being re-released along with Stepney, but sadly their only available for a limited 1,000 pieces to be sold to stores I wish they wouldn't make them limited edition models :( check out the 2012 range on the homepage along with

new Thomas and friends releases.

I am guessing that the first time around

the sales for Spencer (Not sure about Stepney) were pretty low, but obviously a lot of people asked for another batch of the model. So Hornby may decide to bring him back completely and just use this limited number of 1000 to see how the sales are this time.

I could be wrong though, just a theory :)

S/h Spencer and Stepney prices are bound to remain high as the re-releases are limited editions. Dust collectors and speculatora will snap them up as quickly as possilbe to make a quick buck on the online auctions sites. If you see a new one in a shop

grab it whilst you can is my advice. Don't wait for s/h prices to come down because they won't.

Here is the million dollar question, how many units do you think a regular batch is? Strikes me that the limited edition tag is just a marketing way to get people to expidite their purchase rather than wait for fear that if they don't buy now they may

miss out... Their are countless limited edition models which you can pick up new for below list price. Maybe wrong of cause

• 3 months later...

Archived