R9257 Spencer

Shadow.Monk

I checked my Spencer against the photos on the Liverpool model shop for the first gen model. I see that there is no detail under the name plate as where there is on mine.

Also, the tiny piece between Wheels 4 and 5 are there on the new edition of

Spencer, it's just that I accidently snapped mine whlst trying to get him out of the box, but it's only a tiny piece of plastic and I see no use for it so I am not bothered that it broke off.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no yours has got the pipe too, i was just looking the other way around but the hand rail on mine

is silver instead of the black one that you have on yours. I have ordered the coaches and i am now tempted to order the new spencer. I havnt checked to see what if any differences there are on stepney. Im just off to work now but i will get them out tonight

and have a thorough check.

saw your 2nd post on youtube. the back wheels are the same on mine, im not sure if they are inspection

hatches, its just what i am calling them (thanks for the mention). I wonder why they decided on such random detail changes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It is now june 2014 and I have just bought Spencer from a Hornby Concessionaire for £50 !  Rather strangely it was not quite what I expected.  The box gave no indication that it was DCC ready and I was expecting a hardwire.  The enclosed instructions showed that there was a decoder socket in the tender.  In fact it was in the loco.  Pleased with my purchase.

• 6 years later...

I know! I can't believe that either, and the funny thing is, I wasn't even looking for one! I was searching for a Toad, I almost had a heart attack when they said that their stock level for Spencer was 1

available haha.

I had the first edition last year but I sold it on and regreted it ever since so I was happy to find it.

I have already preordered the Re-Release from the beginning of the year but I am not sure weather to get one anyway or cancel

the order, what do you think? :\",2012-05-21 18:39:07,2012-05-21 18:39:07,0 30634,2863,1174168,NULL,Hi all

Archived