Track Plan Designer

There are some issues with the track planner. It works if you don't change scales. If you delete an item then replace it the new piece does not join correctly in the planner. Not very intuitive if you want to select and move parts of your plan. Work in

progress - I think. I hope updates are free.

I don't have any problems with designing a layout in the track plan designer. Already done two different layouts. Having said that I haven't been zooming in an out much. Not needed to.

Udpates are free and they will automatically download into your

PC.

I spent severtal hours yeaterdaay designing a layout, saved it, only to find out this morning thst the design had diaappeared and all the elements were stacked on one square, on the upper left.

The design was done at 50% so I could get overall view

while doing it.

I now have to start again!

Brightstar, you should use the Help Request. The program keeps backup copies of your work and you could have recovered the plan to save you putting it in again. Having said that, I've found, by ditching the first version of a plan and doing it again, anyway,

it is so much better!

Hi LMSTim,

I managed to save and recover the new design by enlarging it from 50% mode to 100% mode, all I have to do is get rid of the discarded symbols, which if I drop thm from the plan out of the grid area, disappear. Howrver, this does not discard

them, just saves them uo to re-appear in the top lefthand square of the grid, stacked on top of one another.

Oh Well, keap trying! I am sure I will find the answer.

Thanks LMSTim for the advice but it's a bit

disappointing that this is happening as it seems a fairly basic operation to create and save a track plan. I will post a request although I followed their advice and consulted the forums first.

The problem seems to have corrected it's self as long as I do not try to save it in any view other than 100%. So I designed it in 50% to get an overall view and enlarged it to 100% before saving it. That seemed to work. I will know tomorrow, if it still

works as I have started a new design today.

You can't rotate or flip the track design at present, but I understand it is something that will be incorporated in the future. You'll have to redraw it. You'll find, though, that you will do a better job second time around, anyway.

Archived