Devious Diesel R317 vs R9050

Devious Diesel (the Thomas-series class 08 loco) used the generic 0-6-0 loco chassis as also used under the Duck loco also in the Thomas series (a GWR closed-cab pannier tank), the GWR open-cab pannier tank, the LMS Jinty tank loco and the LNER J83 tank loco.  So the chassis from any of these alternatives will be suitable, whether made in the UK or in China, provided it has the two 'hooks; at the front and a horizontal tab at the back to secure the body (reversed when fitting in to a diesel body and using the adapter moulding at the cab end).  A Chinese chassis will give better performance because it has an uprated motor and pick-ups on all wheels if you are not worried about keeping it original. 

Hey, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

The current motor doesn't work and the chassis doesn't fit the model properly. It had been forced on so there's a slight crack on the rear buffer beam to repair as well. 

To date, I've really struggled to find a suitable loco with the two hooks and rear tab you described - but thanks to you I know have plenty to look out for. 

Thanks again, Richard