Detailing a County of Worcester

Castle-Man

I am looking to add lamps to the front of this loco which is in GWR livery.  Having researched things it appears that if used on express duties then it would have 2 lamps at each end on the bar above the buffers.  

Is this correct and should they both be white with white lights?

Also what glue to people recommend for that and small body repairs?  I am also going to replace the hook with an old Hornby Dublo Drawbar with hook.   Not sure but wonder if being Dublo it could be metal although the drawbar is not.   So again what is the best glue for that?  

Hornby Dublo couplings were made from three different materials, steel, Nylon and Delrin  (latter both plastic, and resistant to glue) . To work correctly they should not be glued, but have to pivot. To do this the mounting at the back of the tender will require serious modification to accept a screw which will go through the hole in the coupling.

Modern Hornby uses a plastic similar to polystyrene and will usually accept one of the solvents, like MEK. Super glue can be used for small parts.

Just checking, that this is a Hawkesworth County 4-6-0. If yes you will probably need the white headlamps with white bodies. I'm sure the red bodied lamps were phased out in the 1930s before the Hawkesworth locos were introduced.

Archived