Flying Hours kit pre-order?

BIgDave1974

• 1 month later...

Straight from the flying hours section of club area

Which Airfix kits are available free through the Flying Hours scheme?

Free kits are available from series 1 to 8. The offer does not include Gift sets containing paints.

A maximum of 48 Flying Hours can be exchanged at one time, but make sure that you only send in the number of tokens that you would like to redeem, as no tokens can be returned.

We recommend that you list at least three alternative kits - free kits are subject to availability..

If you have selected new products which are not yet in stock we will hold your passport until the kits are available.

Please enclose a cheque or postal order for £4.98 per passport claimed to cover P&P made payable to Hornby Hobbies Ltd.  Please allow 28 days for delivery.

• 10 months later...

The Policy has changed

You can no longer order a kit using flying hours that are not yet in stock.

Believe me, I have been trying as have had a Phantom and a Sea Fury on order using flying hours since October 17.  This week I have been told that Airfix will no longer hold passports until stock is in and that mine is being returned to me today.  The amount of emails going back and forth to Tanya at the Airfix club on this is amazing.  The club clearly has no control on what Airfox are prepared to give them!

It's rubbish and extremely frustrating.

Archived