Flying Hours

MartinW

I have just joined the club in order to spend my flying hours I have collected over the years.

With the postage cost of £4.98, is that per order? or per Passport?

If I send 2x 12 tokens on 2 passports (for A01/A02 models obviously), do I have to pay one lot or two lost of postage?

I can see this got touched upon before in the forum, but never answered by anyone from Airfix/Hornby.

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I assume the max number of hours are 48 in any single request?

So theoretically, if I sent 48 tokens, I could request 1x A07/A08 or 4x A01/A02.

To push it further, could i request 1x A05/A06 (36 tokens) and 1x A01/A02 (12 tokens)? Or will this just confuse people! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ive touched on this with c/s as i wanted to spend my voucher and send in 2 passports in for 3 models but got told it would cost 3x 4.95 postage !! ... excuses over common sense.... this on top of a very limited choice as i only now make 1/48 + scale..... how can a company that makes these kits have such a poor / limited choice ...this is after they have pulled out of a lot of retailers so must have this stock somewhere ?? .as acustomer i am very disapointed ...and sad airfix hold a lot of happy child memories ...

• 2 weeks later...

Admin - Not sure this is correct - I have queried if i can send in 72 Flying hours for two series 6 kits.  However, according to the website it states:-

''A maximum of 48 Flying Hours can be exchanged at one time, but make sure that you only send in the number of tokens that you would like to redeem, as no tokens can be returned''

Therefore there should only be a maximum of 48 tokens on any one passport - I think! :)

The total number of Flying Hours included with a passport will vary depending on the value of the tokens you include - however a full passport is one that has all it's available spaces filled with Flying Hours.

You certainly can divide up your Flying Hours for multiples of particular series. Just be sure to make it clear what you'd like, and if in doubt, just include a small letter saying exactly what you're after.

Reply form Airfix - You can use as many tokens as can fit on any single passport.

''Yes this is fine as long as all the tokens fit in the passport with no tokens on additional passports or sheets of paper.''   

Not sure this is correct - I have queried if i can send in 72 Flying hours for two series 6 kits.  However, according to the website it states:-

''A maximum of 48 Flying Hours can be exchanged at one time, but make sure that you only send in the number of tokens that you would like to redeem, as no tokens can be returned''

Therefore there should only be a maximum of 48 tokens on any one passport - I think! :)

The total number of Flying Hours included with a passport will vary depending on the value of the tokens you include - however a full passport is one that has all it's available spaces filled with Flying Hours.

You certainly can divide up your Flying Hours for multiples of particular series. Just be sure to make it clear what you'd like, and if in doubt, just include a small letter saying exactly what you're after.

Archived