Problems loading program and activating

I have just finished a marathon task loading and activating RailMaster onto my Laptop with the Vista operating system. Even though I ran the setup program as administrator Railmaster was unable to access the file VBAJET32.DLL nor EXPSRV.DLL. After much

thought managed to access both files and change the ownership to allow administrator access to both files. Not easy or straight forward. Then once the program had loaded it wouldn't start due to the same problems others have had with MSINET.OCX. This apparently

was missing or unavailable. Managed to get round that by downloading another copy from the internet.
At least then the programme would start; then the problems occurred with Activating the programme. The activation code supplied with the DVD was so badly

printed that it was almost unreadable. After many tries of different variations I managed at 0300 this morning to get activated. It had taken me 7 hrs to load the programme!! (Not so simple as it makes out)
Since then and after a well earned rest I have

spent the last 8 hrs drawing out my track plan, listing 10 loco's and sorting out the points activation (20 sets). Still not 100% but getting there.
I have not found the 58 pages of intructions that straight forward and I would advise anyone with limited

computer knowledge to take note of the above before buying.
That said the programme works well and simplifies DCC control. When I think of all the key strokes on the select or elite to change points and run loco's then this is the exact opposite. One click

of the mouse and away you go.
Needs a few minor upgrades/tweaks and it will be just what we all need.

Captant, why didn't you just send the guys at Hornby Support a Help Request from the software. That's what it is there for. They are really helpful!

I'm sure when the next update comes out it'll fix all the minor niggles, and it'll be free!

Plan was to contact them this morning if I wasn't successful last night; but you know how it is; just try something else to see if that works.
Now I have the programme running its the best thing since sliced bread!
Have just done a few more tweaks

to the track plan etc.
Its all working great guns now.

Archived