Forum comment alerts?

Timmas

I'm a comparatively new member to the Aifix forum and have joined a number of discussions. However, one thing that keeps tripping me up is responding promptly to people who have either replied to my comments or answered questions. I apologise for this.

I'm a member of a few other modelling forums too and all of them seem have mechanisms in place which send alerts when someone comments on a subject I'm following, or a discussion I'm part of. That reminds me to log back in and either continue the discussion or 'like' their post.

But there doesn't seem to be a similar facility on the Airfix forum. Or if there is, I can't work out how to activate it. If I'm being a dunderhead and the feature exists, can someone let me know how to set it up?

Alternatively, if the facility isn't there, is it something other forum members would find useful, and that Hornby could include?

• 5 weeks later...

The forum software is rather basic as conceded by Admin and there doesn't appear to be any alert function. Whilst it's almost certainly possible to write suitable code, in practice to add it would probably require upgrading the whole thing kit and caboodle.

Archived