Installing TTS sound card and speaker in International Brands

Guest Chrissaf

Has anyone used a TTS sound card and speaker in any Rivarossi locomotives?

I have an Italian FS GR741.205 steam loco and wondered if the TTS class Crosti class 9F sound card/speaker would be compatible?

If it is not compatible can anyone suggest what sound card/speaker would fit?

Any ideas would be very useful.

Thanks

Hi Felix, 

Not something I have tried, but I do wonder if TTS units for the International Brands are on the way....

looking at the service sheet for the 741 with the ESU loksound it would appear the space for the decoder might look a little tight as in the website pictures the TTS unit looks longer than a standard 21 pin unit and as the loco appears to have both 21 and 8 pin interfaces the adaptor might take up more space.

I would expect though that space for the supplied speaker might be more of an issue as the tender for an HO 741 would be noticably smaller than a OO 9F. The speaker could be changed easily enough - I cannot see from the webshop the diameter of the 9F TTS speaker but the ESU website puts the dimensions of the factor installed unit in the 741 as 23mm diameter with the decoder 30.3x15.5x5.5 so at least that much space should be available......As the 741 and 9F are both two cylinders machines, the sound shouldn't be too far off!

It will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Archived