The Engine Shed - Lots of Running Samples and New Releases

JeremiahBunyan

Love the J36 shots - have already contacted my usual supplier to put in my advance orders. My only plea is for Hornby to make the TTS sound decoder separately available for this model. I'll be buying the BR liveried versions but was very disappointed to note that the only TTS fitted version is in North British livery.

Love the J36 shots - have already contacted my usual supplier to put in my advance orders. My only plea is for Hornby to make the TTS sound decoder separately available for this model. I'll be buying the BR liveried versions but was very disappointed to note that the only TTS fitted version is in North British livery.

I don't see why they won't? If they've released the other TTS decoders as standalone products why will they hold these back?

Nice blog with a healthy amount content wise, however I do feel that you'll should've made a little bit more of an effort to showcase the Class 87 more.

It's is one of the most eagerly anticipated releases and I am sure you'll could've done a better job with the Class 87 section. You've just showed us images that we've been seeing for months. And oddly enough your own blog says the following:-

"The Class 87 had been a topic we had been wanting to discuss for some time here in the blog and it is fantastic news that the first of the models are now hitting the shelves".

I was also given to understand that the Mk.3 coaches are to have a few minor tooling upgrades and they are apparently due this month. We were told that we'll get a lot more news and info in one of these blogs and once again it seems to have fallen off the radar.

So whilst I feel the content is healthy it needs to be a little bit more in depth. Really missed the trick with the Class 87 section though. Ancient images are such a let down.

I do like the look of the NB 0-6-0 and the inclusion of a snowplough in the accessory pack is a nice touch. Although none of these ventured on to the railways I model I am seriously tempted to add one to my stocklist. 

I was interested to read that as well as some allocated to Hawick 64G, one or two were occasionally shedded at North Eastern sheds (Blaydon 52C sub-sheds of Hexham and Reedsmouth) so may well have appeared in North Eastern territory on a regular basis. A handful were at Carlisle Canal 12B so would have probably showed their smokeboxes on London Midland territory too. A good choice of a Scottish prototype. 

Archived