'One size fits all' tyre? (Or recommendations please)

Top Down

I recently acquired a very cheap bag of Scalextric bits that I thought would be useful as spares but it turns out I’ve been able to assemble nine cars from somebody else's 'junk'. All required work to varying degrees but so far no more investement other than some enjoyable time.

Can anyone confirm if there's a 'one size fits all' slick rear tyre that will fit the following cars please?

Start Super Resistant ‘generic’ Rally Car, Ferrari F40, Porsche 962, Lamborghini Diablo, Ford Focus, Audi A4 and the 'Retro new-shaped VW Beetle.

An aftermarket (‘rubber’ or silicone) ‘bulk buy’ is preferred, to keep costs – and the need for multiple sizes of tyre - down but a Scalextric ref. no. would be OK too, thanks.

Hi Top Down - Merry Christmas!

Without trawling through the services sheets (www.scalextric.com/uk-en/downloads/scalextric-service-sheets) for the cars you mention I can't be 100% sure... but I don't think any of them share a common tyre size. Until recently, most modern Scalextric wheels were different for each model.

You could try Scalextric Restorations or Pendle Slot Racing for spare original Scalextric tyres. You might find some in the spare parts section of the Scalextric online store (www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/spares-accessories/spares). You might get replacement urethane tyres from Paul Gage or WASP (both on eBay) if they produce them for the cars you are after.

Most of the latest Scalextric cars now have a common wheel size and profile that corresponds to those used by most of the 'performance' brands, meaning the Scalextric tyres can usually be replaced with racing tyres from Slot.it, NSR etc

Hi  😆

Thanks for the reply and the link/s.

They 'look' much the same size on all the cars I listed, so I hoped there might be one size 'with wriggle room' to fit all - but sounds like not. Might have to trawl through the service sheets myself or break out the digital micrometer then. 

Maybe I'll stick to getting tyres for just the ONE car that has none and glue/true/freshen up the others first  to see if that does the trick, before replacing them.

Archived