Help needed to repair my micro scalextric car!

Ofdo

I have a micro scalextric rally racers set but recently one of my cars stopped working.

Even when power is given, the car won't go but just stays on both tracks.

I tried replacing braids but it still did not work.

When I manually push it while giving power sparks come.

If I lift the rear wheels off and just keep braids on track, the wheels turn for a bit and stops and again stops even if I manually push wheels.

Please help me fix it! Thanks!

Hi Ofdo - welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you!

Thanks for the description of the issues with your Micro Scalextric car. One extra test you could try is to run the motor with the rear axle removed. If the motor sounds okay, then check the axle, gear and wheels closely - remove any dirt, hair and carpet fibres. Also check the wheels are not tight on the chassis or rubbing on the body. Those are the most common reasons for the car seizing up - and without easing the problem, the motor will heat up and fail permanently.

If the motor does not run strongly without the axle in place, it looks like the motor has failed and you will need a new chassis or complete car. You can buy a new car for about £10, a used car or chassis for less than that. Of course, if the set is new, contact Scalextric Customer Services for a replacement.

There are more Micro Scalextric trouble-shooting and maintenance tips here: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-micro-scalextric/

I hope that helps.

Hi Ofdo - welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you!

Thanks for the description of the issues with your Micro Scalextric car. One extra test you could try is to run the motor with the rear axle removed. If the motor sounds okay, then check the axle, gear and wheels closely - remove any dirt, hair and carpet fibres. Also check the wheels are not tight on the chassis or rubbing on the body. Those are the most common reasons for the car seizing up - and without easing the problem, the motor will heat up and fail permanently.

If the motor does not run strongly without the axle in place, it looks like the motor has failed and you will need a new chassis or complete car. You can buy a new car for about £10, a used car or chassis for less than that. Of course, if the set is new, contact Scalextric Customer Services for a replacement.

There are more Micro Scalextric trouble-shooting and maintenance tips here: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-micro-scalextric/

I hope that helps.

How do you remove the rear axle?

Hi Ofdo. If you look at the rear axle, you can see it clips into the chassis and will push down and out. First remove the body from the car. Then you can push down on the wheels and the axle will pop out. It can be easier to push one wheel at a time.

Hope that helps.

Archived