Hornby RailMaster, What are your thoughts?

EAN44 said:just got mine and will not load on laptop keeps coimg up with a fault stating MSINET.OCX file missing or incorrectly registered very frustrating on VISTA and followed all the instructions

This is the same problem I had. It's not Railmaster

that's faulty - it's Visual Basic. I tried to sort it out by updating VB but still had trouble, then I emailed Hornby. This is their reply -

The problem isn't with RailMaster it is with Visual Basics. Please use the link below for a support statement

I'm not sure if it's much help. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

I think I may have found the answer for you. I believe the problem is with the this 'MSINET.OCX' file. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem - hopefully this will.

I have been looking at various forums and this seems to crop up quite alot with Vista.

I think 'MSINET.OCX' is part of an older program and you need to uninstall the 'not working' dependency. To do this

naviogate to the Start menu. Then on the

right hand side menu at the bottom choose 'Run". Then type:

regsvr32 /u /s MSINET.OCX (you have to be the administrator to do this)

Hopefully this will uninstall the problem (/u is the uninstall parameter). Please Google 'MSINET.OCX' for more

information

I had done what they suggested and on the 5th try at installing it suddenly did the job. This was after I uninstalled VB and all the registry entries. Can't explain why it suddenly worked.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that old versions of Visual Basic or VB runtime cause the problem. What Brooks says seems to work. Uninstalling RailMaster then running "regsvr32 /u /s MSINET.OCX" from the Start=>Run command, then reinstalling RailMaster should do the trick.

This

unregisters the file and allows RailMaster to register the newer version of it.

It would be interesting to know if this works for everybody.

Archived