Classic le mans 24hr c1050 not working

So I've acquired an old le mans 24hr set 

Set it all up plugged in the transformer and controls..put cars on track and nothing...have checked cars on another track and they run fine...powerbase has power to it...because if I put controls halfway into port the cars go off by themselves..any ideas 

Hi funkypigeon - welcome to the forum!

That’s the set with the two Mercedes CLK GT cars? If so, not that old... I think it was one of the final sets before the Sport track system arrived, around 1999.

The cars are okay on another track, which is good news. And you have (full) power with the controller jacks pushed halfway into the sockets. That suggests the powerbase and power supply are both okay - the stereo jack is basically bypassing the controller like that. Suggests to me the controllers need some work...

I presume both controllers give no response? Check the cables are not damaged and open up the controllers if you are confident to do so. If not, borrow a working controller and see if that works okay on your set. It could be the easiest solution is to buy new controllers - you will need them with the 3.5mm stereo plugs: C8284 (Twin pack) or C8229 & C8230.

I hope that helps.

Archived