No power to one lane - Endurance

Hi there!
I was lucky enough  to be gifted a boxed Endurance C1399, and for the last 3 hours I've been trying to get the cars to move on lane 1. I've tried both cars with both controllers on lane 2, but nothing works on the start of lane 1. (Where the power supply is).
I've used the tool which tells you if there's power, and it's saying there is, so now I'm totally stumped and fed up and seeing as it's now 2am and I started it at 10pm, I think bed is calling. I'm really hoping you guys with all the knowledge and experience can help a humble newbie out!
Thank you :-)

Hi MrsKat - welcome to the forum!

It does sound like you've gone through all the necessary trouble-shooting steps and it is quite perplexing for me too...

Perhaps one last thing to try is to remove the power track from the layout and use just that one piece for testing. Check again that both controllers and both cars work on lane two. And then try them on lane one.

If both cars and both controllers now work on both lanes, then I would guess there is a short circuit on one of the other pieces of track - possibly a small piece of metal or braid stuck in the slot. Fortunately there aren't many track pieces in the Endurance set, so it won't take long to give them a good inspection, hold them up-side-down, use a soft brush (eg a cheap foundation make-up brush) to clean out the slots and give them a good puff. Then build the circuit and try the two lanes again.

If using just the power straight doesn't solve the lane one problem, it's possible there might be a short in the slot on the power straight, which can be cleared in the same way as above - up-side-down, brush, blow... If that doesn't work, I'd say the powerbase is faulty and to contact Scalextric Customer Services (details either to the right or below).

Good luck!

Hi MrsKat - welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your reply. I tried both cars with both controllers on lane 2, and all combinations worked, whereas none worked on lane 1, so I'm off to contact their customer services, or failing that, I will try Ebay for a new one!

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to racing!

Hi MrsKat, one more test to try...

I suggest you try putting the car on each lane in turn. In each case put the track voltage tester behind the car and press the trottle.

For the good lane when you press the throttle... the car should move and also the tester should signal track voltage while the car is moving.

What happens with the problem lane? We know the car wont move when you press the throttle... but does the tester still give a signal that track voltage is present or not?

If there is a unintended high series resistance somewhere in the circuit then while the throttle is pressed...

the tester would register voltage under no load condition (i.e. no car on the track)

however...

the track voltage would drop to zero under load conditions (i.e. when the car is on the track)...

Would be good to learn how you get on with this simple test...

C

Archived