1/32 original boxed quantities

Can anyone provide details or a link to forum/post/thread to confirm what the original characters and quantities were supplied with each boxed set of 1/32 sized ww2 soldiers. New to this and trying to start a collection of each soldier box/ type to hand down to my grandson one day. Had most of them myself in 70’s but inevitably lost them all over the years. 

There's some interesting stuff on the readymade page, certainly takes me back. I was looking particularly at the 'Infantry Combat Group' from the 60's. I always assumed this was a WW2 set but looking at the picture on the box they actually look like contemporary infantry from 1960. I used to have this set but never noticed at the time.

IDo you mean the readymade

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/figures-readymade-including-buildings-and-forts-t1678.html

Yes  Brilliant. this first link looks like the right one  Am looking for character numbers for the 60’s and 70’s pre-made (one piece moulding) ones. Know they usually come 29 in a box but not sure which numbers of each character. Thanks. 

Or the multipose

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/figures-kits-includes-birds-and-dinosaurs-t1677.html

It really helps if you type your reply outside the quote box, so we know what you're saying. Click on each individual product for the history.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
There's some interesting stuff on the readymade page, certainly takes me back. I was looking particularly at the 'Infantry Combat Group' from the 60's. I always assumed this was a WW2 set but looking at the picture on the box they actually look like contemporary infantry from 1960. I used to have this set but never noticed at the time.

The figures in the Airfix Infantry Combat Group set appear to be (ahem) "heavily influenced" by the Britains Herald British infantry figures from the 1960s [pictured below). These latter portray squaddies in post-war khaki battle dress (note the open collars of their blouses), Mk III "turtle" helmets and (rather fascinatingly) using the No.9 bullpup self loading rifle(!) Interestingly (unless its just clumsy sculpting, of course) some of the little guys appear to wear their helmets back to front which was commonly seen in the late 50s and 60s in real life (for example look at the one about to skewer one of Her Majesty's enemies with his - quite respectably portrayed - No.7 bayonet) When it turned out that the No.9 was going to be dropped in favour of the SLR some later editions of the Britains figures have them carrying a strange Frankenstein rifle which has the No.9s carrying handle and sight but with the magazine moved in front of the pistol grip. [Edited to add. Looking closer at the one I have in my collection, it's not a "strange Frankenstein rifle". It's actually the trials version of the FN rifle with the British optical sight!]

I have a mind to convert a set of the Airfix 1/32 WW2 British Infantry to be dressed like these. I am not sure how good that weird K-Resin will be to work with, though.

forum_image_6087eae2cda28.thumb.png.0cce441fbe7cc7a822c459950a35cce1.png