Please Help!!

Hello all, 

We have been given an old scalextric track (presumably an analogue track? Didn't even know there was a difference until I stumbled upon this forum).

Our 8 and 5 yr old boys are well into formula 1 . One likes Mercedes team and the other Red Bull. So am looking at getting some team cars to race on their track (for Christmas presents).

I can find quite a few Carrera (analogue)ones. Are they compatible with the scalextric analogue track? I know Carrera digital arent compatible with scalextric digital, without making modifications. Which I don't know how to do anyway! But is that the same with analogue versions? Or are they more interchangeale? 

I hope this makes sense...?

TIA

Hi NewToThis - welcome to the forum!

Yes, the Carrera Evolution (and smaller Carrera Go!!!) F1 cars are compatible with standard analogue Scalextric track. The guides on the Carrera Evolution cars will need to replaced with the alternative red guide blade that comes in the box - the red guide is narrower and shallower to work on non-Carrera track systems such as Scalextric. Sometimes the last 5mm of the guide needs cutting up so the car can get round the tight Scalextric Radius One hairpin corners.

If in the future, you decide to upgrade to any of the excellent Scalextric ARC powerbases, the red guide will need to be painted black (so the sensors in the track will count laps) or use a replacement BRM S126 'Guide Blade Carrera (Shallow Blade)' which is black.

I hope that helps!