ARC Air not connecting

ru4_it

Hi guys, this is my first post. Unfortunately, it's not a positive post. Bought the kids a new arc air set,  World GT for Christmas 2019, but the base is giving me issues. It will only connect to the legacy app. And the functionality in race doesn't seam right. Many things, but mostly the whole pit thing. In the first lap the controlers vibe. Lap count is not happening, pit stops aren't recognized. List goes on and on...

Any help is appreciated. 

Hi ru4_it - welcome to the forum!

That sounds very much like a compatibility issue with your device. What device are you running the ARC app on?

As a rule of thumb, Apple (iOS) devices should connect and the Legacy app should work reliably with even 8-year-old models such as the iPhone 4s. Some features of the current ARC app (eg Pace Car) may not work with these really old devices.

The 2015-17 Amazon Fire tablets work well with the Fire OS version of the ARC app and the Legacy app. The latest models (2019) can have problems with the current app (I understand the developer are working on this), but should work fine with the Legacy app. I recommend using Fire tablets running Fire OS and the Fire OS version of the app. Users have reported disappointing results running the Android version of the ARC app after installing Google Play Store on their Fire tablet.

Android devices can be hit and miss, especially for older models - and this is true for both the Legacy and current app. It is important that GPS/location features are switched on and all permissions are granted for the ARC app. However, some Android phones and tablets are simply not compatible with the ARC app. There is discussion on this thread: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-app-device-compatibility

Sometimes, the issue can be a faulty install that requires a fresh download of the app. There are some compatibility and faulty-install trouble-shooting tips here: slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/problems

I would suggest that you try all of those tips and see if you can get the app to work with your ARC Air on your device. If you have no success, the next step is to borrow as many different compatible devices as you can (a mix of Android, iOS and Amazon - using the current app and the Legacy app) and see if you can get the app and powerbase working with at least some of those.

If you find no devices will connect or run the app features as you would expect, that would suggest there is a fault with the powerbase and you will need a replacement - either from the retailer or by contacting Scalextric Customer Services (details below or right). However, unless you try other devices and identify the powerbase as the issue, a replacement will probably behave in exactly the same way.

I hope that helps and you are enjoying ARC Air as soon as possible.